Hearings and Appeals Assistant
Things to Know
- The Parties have the right to be represented by an advocate if they so choose.
- Note: The expense of the advocate shall be the total responsibility of the parties. If Petitioner chooses to be represented by legal counsel, the Office of Hearings and Appeals must be notified of such representation five (5) days prior to the hearing.
- The Parties have the right to present witnesses and evidence on their own behalf.
- The Parties have the right to cross-examine witnesses.
- The Parties have the right to receive a copy of the final Judgment and Order.
- The Petitioner has the right to appeal the final decision of the Office of Hearings and Appeals to Tribal Court in accordance with the Siletz Tribal Court Rules and Regulations, sec 3.63(c) [as amended 3/16/2001].
- The Office of Hearings and Appeals reserves the right, depending on the circumstances of the case, to make a determination regarding issues such as motions, discovery, protective orders, etc.